Monday, July 23, 2007

Reviewing The Age of Conversation

I just finished reading the Age of Conversation, a collaborative work by 103 authors, dispersed around the globe. Each author was given one page to write about the very broad topic. As far as I know, it is the first of its kind. Anyways, the unusual and remarkable back story aside, here is my review of the book:

My first thought after finishing the text was that it seemed like all the blogs in my reader had conspired to all cover the same topic. The easiest way to grasp the book would be to think of a collection of the best blog post on the topic of conversation.

My favorite part about the whole concept was that the final product turned out so diverse. The spectrum ranged from specific guidelines on how to make your corporate video more engaging to more philosophical thoughts on the nature of conversation itself. It was quite an experience. Since each “chapter” is only one page, it was a very quick read. I actually plan on reading the book again, just to make sure I’m not missing out on anything.

As a last thought, the existence of the book itself proves in a way the validity of its content. In this Age of Conversation, it is possible for more than 100 authors to work on one project, without coming face to face.
I recommend this book to anyone, looking for some insightful thoughts on this very relevant topic.

No comments: